For example, aluminium [soft metal] can be improved by alloying one more soft metal copper. Both metals are soft but resulting aluminium alloy have extreme strength. Steel is also an alloy, it’s a combination of nonmetallic carbon and iron. So, as per individual casting and requirements manufacturer select suitable combination of metals [Alloys]
- Aluminium Alloy
- Chromium Alloy
- Cobalt Alloy
- Copper Alloy
- Iron Alloy
- Nickel Alloy
- Titanium Alloy
- Zinc Alloy
Latest technologies as well as various techniques are implemented for manufacturing casting parts. At the same time proper rules and tips should be followed to build excellent parts. Let’s look at the tips regarding alloy casting as well as perfect casting parts.
- Analyze shape & size of parts: Accurately analyze the shape, its detailing like edges and angles, dimension etc. If any fault found in creation of mold, design or initial phase it may build defective casting part. Spend some time in designing to manufacture excellent and exact parts. Before manufacturing heat mold and talcum in advance.
- Select proper alloy or metals: Based on the application and requirement select proper alloy or metals. Accurately create mixture of metals to get exceptional product range. Improper alloy makes faulty or weak casting components.
- Determine pattern placement: Whenever create a mold, it’s important to successfully casting pattern. Always place pattern carefully without any damage or crack. If possible try to use ring for exact result.
- Pouring the metal: To melt dry metals always try to use electric hob, before pouring the metal perfectly melt the metals without dust. After that pour gently into the mold without damaging other parts of mold.
- Venting & Cutting: In this phase most of the time manufacturer makes mistake, whenever venting the mold always use sharp blade as well as give suitable heat to mold. It makes easy to cutting and removing from the mold. At least take 5-10 minutes time before open the mold.
- Filling: While fillings the parts, try to use a flat file in balanced form. For seam lines needle files are suitable. Carefully do the detailing tasks with small files without damaging parts.
- Gluing the parts: Before join two parts, always polish it and verify it by joining. It should be join without any space. Remove rough areas by polishing properly. Then apply glue or soldering to join two related parts.
Each casting required deep analysis, proper choice of alloy as well as careful procedure to produce exact and satisfactory casting parts. Hope these tips helps you to manufacture excellent alloy casting parts without any fault or error. Let’s see your ideas and views in comments.